Business Intelligence Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our clients analytics platform team. You need to have deep technical skills as well as the ability to understand data and analytics. Experience with Talend is a huge plus.
- Analyze, design, develop and implement solutions for BI components
- Work with business groups to understand business processes and convert user requirements into technical solutions
- Analyze data, system and data flows and develop effective ways to store and present data in BI applications
Design, build and deploy efficient data integration/ETL pipelines and own data quality for the pipelines
- Work with data from disparate environments such as Hadoop, MongoDB and other SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Write scripts/programs to extract from and publish data using APIs (SOAP, REST etc.), working with data in various formats such as relational, JSON, XML etc.
- Maintain existing ETL pipelines and BI components
- Analyze data and build reports and visualizations using BI reporting and visualization tools
- Monitor and tune performance of ETL flows and BI reporting/query performance
- Proactively ensure data integrity and focus on continuous performance improvements of existing processes
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
6+ years of experience in building data integration/ETL and BI analytics solutions.
- Very strong SQL skills and 5+ years of hands on experience building and tuning SQL in analytic environments
5+ years of experience and expertise in ETL systems, techniques and best practices (e.g. Data Integrator, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho)
- 2+ years of experience in BI/visualization tools, defining and designing semantic layers as well as reports and visualizations (e.g. MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Strong experience in data modeling and dimensional schema design
- Hands-on experience in working with large data sets on analytic appliances or columnar databases such as
- Vertica/Netezza/Greenplum or on the cloud such as Amazon Redshift/Google BigQuery
Apply Here: Business Intelligence Engineer
Staffing Startups and the Fortune 500.
Human Capital Resource Management Provides IT, Development, Marketing & Creative talent. Working with us gives you immediate access to highly skilled, pre-evaluated professionals for your hiring needs.
In an economy driven by ideas and intellectual know-how, top companies recognize the importance of employing smart, highly talented people. Human Capital Resource Management is your partner to help you attract, hire, and retain the creative and marketing stars your teams are looking for.